Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Working Hard

Well, jobless is sometimes productive...

I've spent a couple of days organizing myself. When you have a job, a lot of to-dos disappear into the "I worked hard today. I'll do that tomorrow." mindset. My current status does not allow for that kind of excuse. My yield is not in dollars and cents, so all of those to-dos have to count for something.

Anyway, I've got some new systems in place that I plan to use well into the future. Keeping track of recipes and recipe ideas has always been something I have done half-assed. I've got a couple of ragged journals and that's about it. Despite my lack of love for all things technological, I realize that if I want to be more organized I need to get into the habit of recording the recipes digitally. Paper is so in the past.

There are a million and one programs out there for this specific chore, but my husband suggested I use a program called Evernote. You can use it for keeping track of lots of different things; ideas, interesting articles you read, photos. Basically, an easy way of taking notes and keeping them online. It's pretty flexible, it's free and, for now, it's what I'm using.

So far so good. I've got a bunch of recipes entered using a system for cataloging that works for me. It feels good.

1 comment:

  1. J, I want you to write a book so I can read it. I am truly enjoying reading your blog and want more. Yummy! K

    ReplyDelete